How to Make Russet Scraps
- 1Cut thick peelings from potatoes, about 1/2 inch wide. Preheat oven to 350
- 2Heat oil in medium pot over medium flame to 350 to 375. Fry potato skins in small batches til brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to cookie sheet lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Lightly salt and pepper.
- 3Remove paper towels and place scarps in oven for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 4Mix sour cream, horseradish and chives.
- 5Put scraps on plates and serve with topping.
- 6You can substitute other high temperature oils. Olive oil will work, but it’s not preferred.
And waste not, want not: Save remaining peeled potatoes covered in water for later use. Serves 4