Roasted Grape Tomato and Basil Crostini
- 10 oz
- cherry tomatoes, halved (or one box)
- 1/3 c
- extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 8 clove
- garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 4 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme plus 3 tablespoons thyme leaves
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- large baguette, cut into 24 (1/2-inch thick) diagonal slices
- 6 Tbsp
- good quality balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- large fresh basil leaves, cut into fine ribbons, for garnish
How to Make Roasted Grape Tomato and Basil Crostini
- 1To prepare roasted tomatoes, preheat oven 275 degrees and place a rack in the center. Place tomato halves in a medium mixing bowl and toss gently with 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic, and thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and pour juices from bowl over tomatoes. Roast in preheated oven until golden brown and slightly shriveled, about 2 hours. Check tomatoes every 20 to 30 minutes, removing any that have browned. Remove tomatoes from oven and cool to room temp. Remove thyme sprigs and discard.
- 2Preheat broiler and arrange baguette slices on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Brush tops with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Toast until golden brown on top.
- 3To serve, remove baguette slices from oven and top with 4 or 5 cherry tomato halves, gently pressing to adhere. Drizzle each crostini with balsamic vinegar and top with basil ribbons. Serve immediately.