2whole garlic bulbs (not the cloves)*
3 tspolive oil, divided
3plum tomatoes, quartered
18-oz carton spreadable chive & onion cream cheese
1/4 tspitalian seasoning
·*each bulb contains about 10 cloves
How to Make Roasted Garlic & Tomato Spread
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off of bulbs; brush each with 1/2 tsp. oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy duty foil.
- Place wrapped garlic and tomatoes (unwrapped) in a foil-lined 9-in square baking pan. Brush tomatoes with remaining oil.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic into a small bowl. Drain any liquid from tomatoes; chop and add to garlic.
- Stir in the cream cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. Serve with your favorite crackers or snack breads.