Roasted garlic and feta stuffed deep fried olives
2 can(s)extra large pitted black olives
1head of garlic
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 tspsalt (divided)
1/2 call purpose flour
1/4 ccorn starch
2 Tbspinstant potato flakes, dry
1 1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1 cchilled club soda
2 cpanko bread crumbs
2 cvegetable oil
1 ptfeta cheese (crumbled)
How to Make Roasted garlic and feta stuffed deep fried olives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove olives from the can, line a pan with papertowl, and place the olives on the pan. Dry each olive, make sure they are as dry as they can be. Then set aside.
- Cut the top quarter off the top of the head of the garlic bulb. Place it in a pie pan and drizzle the top with the olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and pepper. Cover them with foil and bake until the garlic is roasted and soft, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place panko bread crumbs in a shallow bowl and heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees.
- Once the garlic is done roasting, squeeze the the roasted garlic bulbs out and mix with feta in a food processor until smooth.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a plain large round tip, fill each olive with the garlic and feta mixture.
- Place a toothpick width-wise through each olive. Dip each filled olive into the wet batter, then into the panko bread crumbs, and set aside until all olives are covered in the panko.