PW’s Potato Skins
From Pioneer woman cooks
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 8 russet potatoes, scrubbed
- canola oil
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
How to Make PW’s Potato Skins
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Fry the bacon. Wash potatoes and rub skin liberally with canola. Put on baking pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour til potatoes are tender.
- 2Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop or spoon out the inner flesh of potatoes, leaving a small shell of potatoes in the skins.
- 3Brush both sides of potato skins with canola oil. Salt both sides liberally.
Put skins cut side down on pan and return to oven
- 4Bake for 7 minutes, then flip skins to other side. Bake for 7 minutes more, or til skins are crispy. If you’re hungry, dip one skin in sour cream and have yourself a little snack. Repeat if needed
Grate cheese and chop the bacon into bits. Sprinkle cheese into each potato skin then sprinkle with bacon. Return to oven just til cheese melts. Just before serving, spoon a tablespoon of sour cream on each skin and sprinkle with sliced green onions. Put them on a platter and serve.