- one can pumpkin, 16 ounces, do not use pumpkin pie filling.
- one can garbanzo beans, drained, 15.5 ounces
- 1/2 cup tahini, sesame seed paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pita bread, red bell pepper strips, optional
How to Make pumpkin hummus
- 1in the work bowl of a food processor, mix pumpkin, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and garlic powder. Process until blended, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl.
- 2Transfer mixture into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with pita bread and Bell pepper strips if desired. Makes about 3 cups.