Portobello Mushroom and Spinach Tartines with Roasted Garlic Spread
Per SERVING: Calories: 275, Protein: 14g, Total fat: 9g, Saturated fat: 2g, Carbs: 40g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 473mg, Fiber: 12g, Sugars: 5g
- 6 oz
- soft tofu, drained
- 6 clove
- roasted garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 large
- shallot, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 pkg
- (3 oz.) baby spinach
- 3 Tbsp
- vegan grated parmesan cheese topping, divided
- 6-inch whole-wheat baguette, sliced lengthwise and toasted
How to Make Portobello Mushroom and Spinach Tartines with Roasted Garlic Spread
- 1Place tofu and garlic in blender or food processor, season with salt and pepper, and blend until smooth.
- 2Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Sauté mushroom and shallot 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in spinach, and sauté 2 minutes, or until wilted. Add 1 Tbs. Parmesan cheese to pan, and remove from heat.
- 3Spread a little less than 1 Tbs. tofu-garlic mixture on each baguette half. Top with mushroom-spinach mixture, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Toast under broiler 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.