Poblano Queso Corn Fritters
- 2 can(s)
- cream of corn
- 1 c
- frozen corn (kernals, not cob)
- 1 box
- jiffy buttermilk bisqut mix
- 3 c
- shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 1 large
- poblano pepper
- 3 pkg
- ritz crackers (the long sleeve)
- 3 c
- oil for frying
How to Make Poblano Queso Corn Fritters
- 1First core and steam your poblano pepper by putting it in a shallow pan with a little water(just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and cover with a lid.
- 2Once the pepper has steamed and is soft and cooled dice into small pieces.
- 3In a large bowl mix cream of corn, frozen corn, cheese, poblano, and jiffy mix. Stir until well mixed.
- 4Heat up about an inch of oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- 5Crush the Ritz crackers into a wide topped bowl. There shouldn't be any big pieces of cracker. The more crushed the better.
- 6Drop a big spoonful of the mixture into the cracker and cover it completely and then press the mixture to form a patty.
- 7Fry each patty for about 2 mins per side in the oil until they are golden brown and drain on paper towel!