Poblano Queso Corn Fritters
2 can(s)cream of corn
1 cfrozen corn (kernals, not cob)
1 boxjiffy buttermilk bisqut mix
3 cshredded monterrey jack cheese
1 largepoblano pepper
3 pkgritz crackers (the long sleeve)
3 coil for frying
How to Make Poblano Queso Corn Fritters
- First core and steam your poblano pepper by putting it in a shallow pan with a little water(just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and cover with a lid.
- Once the pepper has steamed and is soft and cooled dice into small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix cream of corn, frozen corn, cheese, poblano, and jiffy mix. Stir until well mixed.
- Heat up about an inch of oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Crush the Ritz crackers into a wide topped bowl. There shouldn't be any big pieces of cracker. The more crushed the better.
- Drop a big spoonful of the mixture into the cracker and cover it completely and then press the mixture to form a patty.
- Fry each patty for about 2 mins per side in the oil until they are golden brown and drain on paper towel!