Peggi's Bread & Butter Pickles
Peggi Anne Tebben5
These are soooo good & last a long time in fridge, if you allow them to!
- about 12 long cucumbers, sliced about 1/8" thick
- 2 small onions, cut in rings, then sliced in half
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in rings, then sliced in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in rings, then sliced in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in rings, then sliced in half,
- note* i just bought one of those bags of small bell peppers & used most of them
- 9 t. canning salt
- 4 c. white vinegar
- 5 c. sugar
- 2 t. celery seeds
- 2 t. mustard seeds
PICKLING SOLUTION: BRING JUST TO A BOIL, THEN COOL COMPLETELY.
How to Make Peggi's Bread & Butter Pickles
- 1Place cucumbers, peppers & onions in large bowl that isn't aluminum.
- 2Cover with salt & stir well.
- 3Put enough ice water on this just to cover, but not to where it is packed tight.
- 4Place plate on top of this to keep the veggies under the water.
- 5Let set on counter for 4 hours.
- 6While waiting, make solution & set aside to cool.
- 7Drain & rinse cucumber mixture after 4 hours & place in jars, but don't pack tightly.
- 8Pour cooled solution over these, using long plastic canning thingy to go around inside of jar, up against the glass, to remove all air bubbles.
- 9Put lid on & place in fridge.
About Peggi's Bread & Butter Pickles
You May Also Like:
Show 11 Comments & Reviews