★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 medium
- medium onion, peeled, cut into quarters, and sliced very thinly
- thin slices white or whole wheat bread, crusts removed.
- 4 Tbsp
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Onion Toasts
- 1Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Combine 5 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture with the sliced onion.
- 2Spread the onion mixture on 4 slices of bread and top with the remaining bread. Spread the remaining mayonnaise mixture on the tops of the sandwiches and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- 3Cut each sandwich into quarters and place on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350F (180C) oven until light golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.