Onion Mushroom Tart
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2large onions cut in half and sliced thin
1 lbbaby bella mushrooms sliced
1/4 cwhite wine
1 pkgpuff pastry sheet, thawed
1egg + 1 tbsp water beaten (egg wash)
1 cgrated gruyère cheese
How to Make Onion Mushroom Tart
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Add onions stirring continuously until they start to soften. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Stir till mushrooms release their liquid.
- Add wine and cook until almost all evaporate. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Unfold defrosted pastry sheets. Lay them side by side (along the long side) and press to seal.
With a sharp knife score 1/2 inch border around pastry(don't cut all the way) Lift the sides.
- Spread mushroom mixture on pastry. Top with gruyére cheese.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.