Onion Mushroom Tart
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- large onions cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 lb
- baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 c
- white wine
- 1 pkg
- puff pastry sheet, thawed
- egg + 1 tbsp water beaten (egg wash)
- 1 c
- grated gruyère cheese
How to Make Onion Mushroom Tart
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Add onions stirring continuously until they start to soften. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Stir till mushrooms release their liquid.
- 2Add wine and cook until almost all evaporate. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350℉
- 4Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Unfold defrosted pastry sheets. Lay them side by side (along the long side) and press to seal.
With a sharp knife score 1/2 inch border around pastry(don't cut all the way) Lift the sides.
- 5Spread mushroom mixture on pastry. Top with gruyére cheese.
- 6Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash.
- 7Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.