Norma's Hot Mushroom Turnovers
How to Make Norma's Hot Mushroom Turnovers
- 1Blend first three ingredients until smooth; shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2Meanwhiole, in skillet over medium heat add 3 tablespons of butter or margarine
- 3Add mushrooms and onions and cook until tender, stirring occasionally
- 4Stir in sour cream, salt, thyme and 2 tablespoons of flour; stir and set aside.
- 5Roll out on floured board half of dough 1/8 in thick
- 6Cut with round cookie cutter; cut as many circles as possible
- 7Place a teaspoon of mushroom mixture onto one half of each dough circle.
- 8Brush edges with some egg
- 9Fold over filling and press edges with fork. Roll out remaining dough and fill as above directions
- 10Brush tops with egg
- 11Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 miniuts or until golden brown.
- 12Place on serving plate and serve hot.