Norma's Hot Mushroom Turnovers
8 ozpakage cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cflour
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 largeonion, minched
1/4 csour cream
1/4 tspthyme leaves
How to Make Norma's Hot Mushroom Turnovers
- Blend first three ingredients until smooth; shape into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhiole, in skillet over medium heat add 3 tablespons of butter or margarine
- Add mushrooms and onions and cook until tender, stirring occasionally
- Stir in sour cream, salt, thyme and 2 tablespoons of flour; stir and set aside.
- Roll out on floured board half of dough 1/8 in thick
- Cut with round cookie cutter; cut as many circles as possible
- Place a teaspoon of mushroom mixture onto one half of each dough circle.
- Brush edges with some egg
- Fold over filling and press edges with fork. Roll out remaining dough and fill as above directions
- Brush tops with egg
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 miniuts or until golden brown.
- Place on serving plate and serve hot.