New Potatoes with Three-Cheese Fondue
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
I'll bet this would be good with lots of other veggies too. From epicurious.com.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 tspolive oil
1/2 conion, chopped
1 cwhipping cream
2 Tbspwhipping cream
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 cparmesan cheese, freshly grated (about 2 ounces)
1/2 cgruyere cheese, freshly grated and firmly packed (about 1 1/2 ounces)
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1 lblarge unpeeled red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 Tbspfresh parsely, chopped
How to Make New Potatoes with Three-Cheese Fondue
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, and Gruyere.
- Whisk until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine potatoes, 6 cups water and salt in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are just tender when pierced with skewer, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer potatoes to bowl.
- Add olive oil and parsley; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Fondue and potatoes can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate. Whisk fondue 5 minutes over medium heat until melted and smooth. Reheat potatoes in 350°F oven 10 minutes.)
- Place potatoes on platter.
- Spear each with skewer.
- Serve with warm fondue.