My Ricotta Cheese & Spinach Cups
I changed it just a little by using wonton wrappers instead of pastry and they turned out so good. This will be one of my appetizers at my next part for sure. Another thing I like about these are; they are only 50 calories with only 2 grams of fat. How good is that?
·vegetable cooking spray
24small square wonton wrappers (can be found in the produce section of your grocery store)
1 cricotta cheese
110 ounce box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeesed dry
1garlic clove, through a presss
1/8 tspfreshly granted nutmeg (i keep a jar in my freezer)
·dash of cayenne pepper, optional
1/4 cfreshly grated parmesan cheese plus mor for garnish
How to Make My Ricotta Cheese & Spinach Cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 degreese
- Lightly spray the cups of a 12 cup muffin pan with the vegetabloe cooking spray.
- Gently press one wrapper into each cup and lightly spray the wrapper with the spray.
- Place muffin pan in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove wontons onto a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat as above with the remaining wrappers.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta, spinach, eggs, cream, garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and mix well to blend flavors
- Replace 12 of the baked cups into the muffin pan and fill with one tablespoon of filling mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Lay a piece of aluminum foil lightly over the pan and return to the oven and bake for 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place finished cups on a wire rack to cool
- Repeat with remaining cups and filling as above.
- When last batch is finished place cups on wire rack to cool. You will have a total of 24 cups when finished.
- Place cups on platter and serve warm or cooled.
- *To save time you can use two muffin pans at the same time. Enjoy!