My Ricotta Cheese & Spinach Cups
I changed it just a little by using wonton wrappers instead of pastry and they turned out so good. This will be one of my appetizers at my next part for sure. Another thing I like about these are; they are only 50 calories with only 2 grams of fat. How good is that?
- vegetable cooking spray
- small square wonton wrappers (can be found in the produce section of your grocery store)
- 1 c
- ricotta cheese
- 10 ounce box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeesed dry
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic clove, through a presss
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly granted nutmeg (i keep a jar in my freezer)
- dash of cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese plus mor for garnish
How to Make My Ricotta Cheese & Spinach Cups
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degreese
- 2Lightly spray the cups of a 12 cup muffin pan with the vegetabloe cooking spray.
- 3Gently press one wrapper into each cup and lightly spray the wrapper with the spray.
- 4Place muffin pan in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and remove wontons onto a wire rack to cool.
- 6Repeat as above with the remaining wrappers.
- 7In a small bowl combine the ricotta, spinach, eggs, cream, garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and mix well to blend flavors
- 8Replace 12 of the baked cups into the muffin pan and fill with one tablespoon of filling mixture.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- 10Lay a piece of aluminum foil lightly over the pan and return to the oven and bake for 17 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and place finished cups on a wire rack to cool
- 12Repeat with remaining cups and filling as above.
- 13When last batch is finished place cups on wire rack to cool. You will have a total of 24 cups when finished.
- 14Place cups on platter and serve warm or cooled.
- 15*To save time you can use two muffin pans at the same time. Enjoy!