Mushroom Turnovers by Sisterhood of Temple Avoda
If you like mushrooms, you will love this savory appetizer!
Can be frozen for future use.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 9 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 and 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 lb
- fresh mushrooms, chopped
- onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- dash pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
How to Make Mushroom Turnovers by Sisterhood of Temple Avoda
- 1Pre-heat oven to 450º.
- 2Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 and 1/2 cup flour. Blend well and chill for one hour.
- 3Melt 3 tablespoons butter, add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring, for a few minutes. Add thyme, salt and pepper; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons flour. Mix well. Stir in the cream and cook very gently until thickened (a few minutes). Set aside to cool.
- 4Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 2 and 1/2 inch rounds (with glass, if need be). Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each round. Fold dough in half and pinch ends to seal. Prick with fork. Freeze at this point, if desired.
- 5Bake in a 450º oven for 15 minutes. If frozen bring to room temperature or add 5 to 8 minutes to baking time.