Mushroom Parmesan Melts
This s the original recipe but you know I must add garlic to it,I add 2 minced garlic cloves at the end of cooking the mushrooms.
- 4 slices whole wheat country bread sliced ¼-inch thick
- 12 oz fresh sliced mushrooms,rinsed and patted dry
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese,coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves,grated fine
2. While the bread cools add the mushrooms and salt to a sauté pan and warm over medium heat. Cook the mushrooms until they release their liquid and cook down so they are completely softened. Add the garlic (if using) and cook 30 seconds.
3. Turn the broiler on high and place the grilled bread on a baking sheet. Divide the mushrooms among the four pieces of grilled bread and top with equal amounts of the Parmesan cheese.
4. Broil the toasts for about 2 minutes, or just until the Parmesan begins to melt. Remove immediately. Drizzle the breads with the olive oil and serve!