Mushroom & Cheese "Hot Pockets"
2 pkgpre-sliced mushrooms
3 Tbspminced garlic
A few dash(es)adobo powder or italian seasoning or something spicy
2 cfresh spinach
2 1/2 cshredded, mozzarella cheese
3 scoop(s)sour cream
1 can(s)crescent rolls, refrigerated
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mushroom & Cheese "Hot Pockets"
- Add your butter and minced garlic into your saute pan and let it melt a little before adding mushrooms.
- Saute mushrooms( & sprinkle your seasonings) until your desired doneness - it was roughly 10-12 mins for me. Add spinach after mushrooms have almost cooked through (since they cook fast)
- Once mushrooms & spinach are all cooked - grab a bowl to place the mixture in and stir in the sour cream until well blended.
- Once mixture is a all blended together - take the can of crescent rolls out of fridge. Once you open the can - make sure to save the cooking times & oven temperature - b/c you will still bake them the amount of time as making regular rolls
- Follow perforations on the dough & tear each one separately. Lay the dough out on cutting board & with your fingers - press down on dough & stretch & flatten out the dough to make it larger for stuffing. But dont make it too thin.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese on dough (in middle) and then take a teaspoon scoop of mushroom & spinach mixture (and tiny piece of chicken on top - if you chose to add meat) - & place on top of cheese.
- Now carefully bring in the 2 corners on the widest end - into the middle where the mixture is and fold in the part between those 2 corners - then start rolling everything together - keeping the sides of the dough up & over the filling until you get to the tiny tip of the dough. (may take a few attempts at keeping everything together as you roll....but it gets easier - LOL)
- On a flat cookie sheet - lay out some aluminum foil over it and then spray the top of the cookie sheet with PAM or your favorite non-stick cooking spray. And lay out your "hot pockets"......and cook according to crescent roll can directions.