Multi-use Caramelized Onions
How to Make Multi-use Caramelized Onions
- 1Thinly slice sweet onions with a knife or better yet a mandolin!
- 2Heat large skillet on high. Add oil and butter turn heat to medium.
- 3Add in onions and let cook till wilted.
- 4Add sugar and molasses. Cook stirring occasionally. Onions should be brown and soft. Approximately 10- 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat, add vinegar and stir.
- 6This can be frozen for later use. We use this as a topping for pizza, on top of brie or other cheese, a topping for crackers. We also cook this with pork chops, sausage and steak. Imagine the uses!