Vicki Butts (lazyme)
Cook time is cooling time.
- 1/2 c
- cucumber, about 4-inches long
- carrot (about 3 ounces)
- 3 oz
- daikon radish, peeled (or 6 red radishes)
- small green cabbage (about 6 ounces)
- garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 c
- rice vinegar
- 1 c
How to Make Mixed Pickles
- 1Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- 2Slice the cucumber, carrot, and radish into very thin strips.
- 3Slice the cabbage into 1/2-inch strips.
- 4Put all the vegetables and garlic in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and toss well.
- 5Set aside for 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and top with the sliced lemon.
- 6Put the rice vinegar and sugar in a saucepan with 1/4 cup water.
- 7Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- 8Boil for 6 minutes.
- 9Let cool, then pour over the vegetables and lemon.
- 10Cover and chill for at least 24 hours or until needed.
- 11Keeps for 1 month in the refrigerator.