Vicki Butts (lazyme)
Cook time is cooling time.
1/2 ccucumber, about 4-inches long
1carrot (about 3 ounces)
3 ozdaikon radish, peeled (or 6 red radishes)
1/4small green cabbage (about 6 ounces)
6garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2lemon, thinly sliced
1 crice vinegar
How to Make Mixed Pickles
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Slice the cucumber, carrot, and radish into very thin strips.
- Slice the cabbage into 1/2-inch strips.
- Put all the vegetables and garlic in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and toss well.
- Set aside for 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and top with the sliced lemon.
- Put the rice vinegar and sugar in a saucepan with 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil for 6 minutes.
- Let cool, then pour over the vegetables and lemon.
- Cover and chill for at least 24 hours or until needed.
- Keeps for 1 month in the refrigerator.