Mini Pepper " Surfboards" with Chowabunga ChowChow
12 mediummini peppers, cut in half vertically
1 1/2 cfresh shaved parmesan cheese, chopped slightly
1 cfinely chopped cooked bacon pieces
1/2 cfinely crushed fresh crispy onion pieces
1 cfresh snap peas, strings removed, chopped
1/3 casparagus, finely chopped
3 cfresh corn kernels( 3 ears)
1/2 cfinely chopped jarred qmild banana peppers
1/2 cdiced green onions
2 Tbsprice vinegar
1 tspkosher salt
How to Make Mini Pepper " Surfboards" with Chowabunga ChowChow
- Directions for the Mini Pepper "Surfboards" :
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees . Spray a small cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the fresh parmesan, bacon and crushed onions. Stuff each pepper half and place side-by-side on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place in 375 degree oven and bake 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Remove and cool 1-2 minutes.
- Directions for the Chowabunga Chow Chow:
- Pull strings from snap peas. Place in mini food chopper and pulse until chopped fairly fine.
- Place asparagus and half of the corn kernels in chopper and pulse until rough chopped. Place peppers in chopper and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl, combine snap peas, asparagus, corn, peppers, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Combine thoroughly, then cover and set aside in fridge for fifteen minutes or more.
- TO SERVE: Place one pepper half on small plate. Top with 1 T of chow chow. Serve extra Chowabunga Chow Chow on the side.
Makes 24 mini pepper halves with chow chow.