Marinated Peppers, Artichokes, and Olives
"Roasting the peppers adds a subtle, smoky flavor to this super easy and flavorful appetizer. Serve in small bowls as an antipasto along with bread sticks, aged cheese, and cured meats." I made this as directed and it was VERY garlicky. I like garlic but, wow; use your own discretion on that part :)
- red bell peppers
- yellow bell pepper
- garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 c
- mixed olives
- 3/4 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c
- sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp
- herbes de provence or dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- coarsley ground black pepper
- 14 oz. cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
How to Make Marinated Peppers, Artichokes, and Olives
- 1Preheat broiler with rack 6 inches away from heat.
- 2Cut peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers skin side up, on aluminum foil lined baking sheet.Broil, turning once, 15 minutes or until blackened and charred.Place peppers in a plastic bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and discard skins; cut pepper into strips.
- 3Combine peppers and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to 2 (1 quart) jars, if desired. Will keep in refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Makes 7 cups.