★★★★★ 2 votes5
1/4 lbgreen olives
2thin lemon slices
2 tspcoriander seed
·olive oil, extra virgin
1/4 lbripe olives
1/4red bell pepper
1 smallhot chili pepper
1 sprig(s)fresh thyme
How to Make Marinated Olives
- Place green olives in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cut each lemon slice into quarters and add to olives.
- Lightly crush coriander seed and 1 of the garlic cloves and add to green olives. Cover with olive oil and seal jar.
- Place ripe olives in a separate jar. Crush remaining garlic and cut pepper and chili into very fine strips, removing seeds. Add to olives with thyme. Cover with olive oil and seal jar.
- Refrigerate 2 days before transferring to a serving dish to serve. If the jars are resealed the olives will keep indefinitely.
- The oil may be used for salad dressing, cooking or for dipping.