Loaded Potato Skins
- 2 large
- baking potatoes
- 4 slice
- sharp american cheese (or any type sliced cheese)
- 1/4 large
- green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium
- yellow onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp
- diced tomato
- 4 tsp
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1 dash(es)
- oregano, for each skin topping
- 2 slice
- bacon, cooked and cut in half.
How to Make Loaded Potato Skins
- 1Cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise, and scoop out center, leaving about 1/2 inch with the skin. Put in 350 degree oven until insides turn very light golden brown. Remove from oven when done, allow to cool. Cook the bacon until crisp, set aside. When bacon is cool, you will need 1/2 slice for each potato skin.
- 2While potatoes are baking, chop onion and bell pepper, set aside. (I usually combine both and freeze leftover chopped vegetables for other dishes.) When the potatoes are cool enough to touch, start adding ingredients to each potato half.
- 3Place skins on cookie sheet and add a pinch of diced tomato, a pinch of onion and pepper, and take 1 slice of cheese and fold in quarters. Place on top of the vegetables. Take 1/2 slice bacon, cut into small chunks, and place on top of the cheese. Add another pinch of onion and pepper, and a pinch of diced tomato. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a pinch of oregano.
- 4When you have finished with all the skins, place back in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the sliced cheese is melted. When the skins are done and golden brown, they're ready to serve. Enjoy!