Italilan Stuffed Mushrooms
- 18 large mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 shredded wheat biscuit, crushed
- 1 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried italian herb seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika, optional
How to Make Italilan Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Clean mushrooms with vegetable brush or wipe with damp cloth.
- 2Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Saute chopped mushroom stems, onion, garlic and walnuts til onion is tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in shredded wheat, Parmesan, herb seasoning and pepper to taste.
- 3Stuff mushroom caps, packing the mixture firmly. Arrange mushrooms in shallow baking dish. Sprinkle tops with paprika. Bake for 25 to 25 minutes, or til mushrooms are tender. serves 6