Hummus (with variations)
Hummus is such a healthy food. My granddaughter loves it with carrots and celery, but pita bread is a more traditional dipper.
- 14 oz
- can of chickpeas (save out a couple for garnish)
- 4 Tbsp
- 2-3 clove
- lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- roasted red bell peppers - blend in with chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp
- pine nuts, roasted and coarsely chopped - stir in before serving
- paprika and/or chopped parsley to garnish
How to Make Hummus (with variations)
- 1Mash chickpeas with a fork until desired consistency. If you like it smoother, use food processor or immersion blender.
- 2Stir in tahini, then grated garlic cloves and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3For red pepper version, add red peppers to chickpeas when blending.
For pine nut version, mix in after blending chickpeas - you don't want them to be too smoothly incorporated into the hummus.
- 4Garnish with a few reserved chickpeas or paprika or a few pine nuts or some parsley or...