Holly's Hummus and Roasted Red Peppers!
I remember ordering this in Morocco and in many other places that served Mediterranean foods.. It is simple and easy:)
- 1 can(s)
- garbanzos, with juice
- 1 large
- 1 large
- roasted red pepper
- 1 clove
- of garlic
- 1 bottle
- of pure virgin olive oil
- 1 dash(es)
- of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch
- of fresh parsley and mint
- 1 pinch
- of papricka
How to Make Holly's Hummus and Roasted Red Peppers!
- 1Take one or Two cans of Garbanzo Beans all depending how Many people are going to enjoy this amazing recipe!
Drain the can of Garbanzo beans and rinse them I always like to rinse them in the can so they taste fresh, Then pour them in to a food processor or blender .
- 2After adding the Garbanzo Beans Take your lemon and cut in Half.. I always like to use fresh Lemon but if you dont have fresh lemons you may subsutute it with Lemon Juice in bottle, organic is recommended .
Take the Lemon /lemon juice and slowly add the juice to the Garbanzo Beans before blending.
If using Fresh Lemon use a strainer or squeeze your lemons in a separate dish with cloth or strainer to avoid the seeds in the Garbanzo Bean mixture.
- 3Then before turning on the Blender/food processor add salt and pepper to taste and a clove of whole Garlic and then add a few roasted Red peppers for taste and color and Turn on Food processor or blender all the while watching the consistency of the Garbanzo beans as they start to become a paste .. Add Pure Virgin Olive oil as the food processor is blending or if you are using a blender open the blender and on slow add Olive Oil till the Garbanzo Beans mix starts to become a blended mixture of the Garlic,Roasted Red Peppers and Lemon!
As you are blending the mixture you can judge the consistency by the way it looks and blends..
To add more color to you Hummus add more Roasted Red peppers and Flavored Olive Oil to add more taste to your creation.
I then check the Mixture to make sure its smooth and not lumpy and then check it for taste to see if it needs more Salt and Pepper ! Add if needed, remove it from blender after adding any last minute Salt and pepper or Roasted Red Peppers.
It should be a consistency of Dip /pudding not runny ..if it is runny add a little more Garbanzo Beans and it should make it perfect!
No one like Lumpy Hummus so make sure it is smooth and velvety.
After I place the Hummus in a large Bowl or Platter! I then make a dip in the Middle with a large spoon and then pour my Olive oil in the Middle of the Hummus just enough to fill the dip I made with the spoon and then Garnish it with Fresh Parsley and a little Fresh Mint!
Some like the Hummus Room Temperature and some like it Chilled.. If chilled cover the mixture place in Refrigerator for about 15 min and then serve !
I Serve mine with Fresh Pita Bread or with Raw veggies or as a side dish to My Mediterranean Chicken and salad!
You can experiment on flavors if you want to add other flavors, substitute the red peppers for the flavors like eggplant or Spicy Red Peppers or what ever your taste is :)
Enjoy , Close your eyes and feel like your sitting around a table sharing foods from around the world and you can never disappoint with this recipe it's a quick way to make it at home inexpensively ..Some people don't realize how easy it is to make this other than buying it at the store already made..
I like it fresh , no preservatives and like to know whats in mine:)