- 7 small
- yellow-fleshed potatoes (yukon golds)
- 1 c
- broccoli florets
- 2 oz
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp
- plain yogurt, reduced fat
- 2 Tbsp
- pickled jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- chili powder, for sprinkling
How to Make Hot Potatoes
- 1Place potatoes in large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until fork tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- 2While those are cooling, in a small saucepan of boiling water, cook the broccoli until crisp tender, about 5 minutes; drain. Finely chopped and place in a medium bowl.
- 3Slice 6 of the potatoes in half, scoop out the flesh from each piece and add to the broccoli. Peel and finely chop remaining potato and add to mixture. Add cheese, 2 tbsp yogurt and the jalapeno; mash coarsely and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange potato halves cut side down on a baking sheet and lightly coat them with cooking spray; invert and season with salt and pepper. Scoop even amounts among the potato halves. Lightly coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with chili powder. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Garnish with reamining yogurt and more chili powder.