Hot Jalapeno Popper Dip
(It was on 'Tasty Kitchen" by 'babskitchen') Everybody loved it. If you like Jalapeno Poppers, you will love this dip. You can adjust the heat to your liking with more or less peppers.
28 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 csour cream
1 - 4oz. can(s)chopped green chilies, drained
5jalapeno peppers, seeded & diced (can leave in some seeds for extra heat) i used about 4 tablespoons
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cpanko bread crumbs
How to Make Hot Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo until smooth.
- Add in the green chilies and jalapenos, and stir well. (I used sliced jalapenos in a jar, and took out a few of the seeds. I chopped them and measured out 4 Tablespoons, added them to the sour cream mixture.) I Don't know how much 5 whole jalapenos would be, but I thought it might be too much for me.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and top with the panko crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 15 min., then put under the broiler for 1-3 minutes to lightly brown the top
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers or crusty bread. It's really good on baked potatoes and as a sandwich spread.