★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 ozcream cheese
9 sliceuncooked bacon
How to Make Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
- Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature.
- Hollow out the peppers by slicing off the top and running a potato peeler a long the inside of the skin to remove the seeds and membrane.
- Put the soft cream cheese into a quart size plastic zip bag, pushing the cream cheese to one corner. Zip the bag closed and snip off the corner so that the cheese can be squeezed easily through it.
- Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese by placing the cut tip of the bag in to the center and gently squeezing.
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap the bacon around the peppers covering the hole and encasing the entire pepper if possible. Secure the bacon onto the pepper with a wooden toothpick,(presoaking the picks will prevent them from easily catching fire)
- Place the peppers onto a preheated grill. Turn the pepper frequently until the bacon is cooked through and crisp.
- Let the peppers cool for a few minutes because the cheese can become very hot.