★★★★★ 1 vote5
- jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 9 slice
- uncooked bacon
How to Make Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
- 1Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature.
- 2Hollow out the peppers by slicing off the top and running a potato peeler a long the inside of the skin to remove the seeds and membrane.
- 3Put the soft cream cheese into a quart size plastic zip bag, pushing the cream cheese to one corner. Zip the bag closed and snip off the corner so that the cheese can be squeezed easily through it.
- 4Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese by placing the cut tip of the bag in to the center and gently squeezing.
- 5Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap the bacon around the peppers covering the hole and encasing the entire pepper if possible. Secure the bacon onto the pepper with a wooden toothpick,(presoaking the picks will prevent them from easily catching fire)
- 6Place the peppers onto a preheated grill. Turn the pepper frequently until the bacon is cooked through and crisp.
- 7Let the peppers cool for a few minutes because the cheese can become very hot.