★★★★★ 1 vote5
- about 7-8 fresh okra washed and sliced.
- 1 bowl whole milk, 1 bowl flour, 1 bowl seasoned yellow cornmeal.
- 1 teasp paprika, 1 teasp cyenne, 1 teasp cajun a couple pinches of salt
- in deepfryer add oil. get it hot. when water dances on top [a few sprinkles of water] hot oil its ready.
How to Make GRACE'S DEEP FRIED OKRA
- 1PLACE ALL SPICES IN CORMEAL. AND MIX WELL.
- 2PLACE SLICED OKRA IN MILK THEN IN FLOUR THEN IN SEASONED CORNMEAL
- 3PLACE ABOUT 5 AT A TIME IN DEEP FRYER OR THEY WILL COOK TOGETHER. FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN
- 4REMOVE WITH MESH SCOOP AND PLACE ON PLATTER. SERVE HOT.