- 1 c
- garlic scapes (aka garlic whistles)
- 1/4-1/2 c
- fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 c
- italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 c
- pistachios, toasted
- 1/3-1/2 c
- freshly grated grana padano cheese (which replaced parmesan)
- 1-3 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice (i also added 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest to the pesto)
- coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp
- cracked black pepper
- 1/4 c
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Garlic Scape/Whistles and Pistachio Pesto
- 1Combine all ingredients *except* for the olive oil in a food processor. PULSE a few times. Now BLEND until smooth pouring the olive oil gradually and in a steady stream through the feeder tube. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- 2Serve with baguette slices, crackers, pita or similar.
Note: I considered grilling or roasting the scapes first but ran out of time.