Garlic and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
15 largebutton mushrooms
1 to 2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 smallshallot, finely chopped
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/4 cupitalian breadcrumbs
1/2 cupshredded parmesan cheese, divided (not the finely grated stuff from the can)
2 Tbspchopped parsley, for garnish
How to Make Garlic and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut stems off all of the mushrooms. Place mushroom caps aside. Finely chop all the stems.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped mushroom stems, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper, and cook about 7 minutes or until shallot is soft and lightly browned.
- Place cooked stems in a mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, breadcrumbs, half of the Parmesan cheese, and half of the chopped parsley. Stir well with fork until well combined.
- Place mushrooms upside down (cap side down, flat surface facing up) on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Spoon a generous mound of the cream cheese mixture on top of each mushroom. Top each mushroom with a pinch or two of the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is browned and filling is heated through. Sprinkle remaining chopped parsley on top, and serve.
The stuffed mushrooms can be served immediately while still warm, or cooled and served at room temperature.