G-Mom's Stuffed Pickles
1 galjar of large dill pickles
2 lbbag of dark brown sugar
1/2 tspcayenne pepper(optional)
·several garlic gloves
38 oz cream cheese..room temp
1 1/4 cshredded carrotts ran through the food processor
1large onion ran through the food processor
several dash(es)tabasco (5-10) depending on how spicey you like stuff
How to Make G-Mom's Stuffed Pickles
- Drain the juice off the pickles and save jar.
Pour Brown sugar in a bowl and mix in cayenne pepper.
- Cut one end off the pickles..core them..remove all the seeds. I use a potato peeler.
- Stuff each pickle with brown sugar and one peeled garlic clove and place back in the jar. Pour remaining brown sugar in the jar and 5 or 6 garlic cloves.
- Place lid back TIGHTLY on the jar and put in the refrigerator on it's side. This will remain like this for 2 weeks. Giving the jar a half turn every day.
- After two week remove pickles ..I place them in a bowl with paper towels open end down. Draining them well..Now they are ready fill.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling with a mixer.
- I use a butter knife and fill the pickles well. Wrap each pickle in plastic wrap and put back in the frig for 6-8 hours.
- Slice the pickles and serve. Like i said..it is time consuming but well worth it. Once the pickles are stuffed they can stay in the frig wrapped for several weeks.