G-Mom's Stuffed Pickles
- 1 gal
- jar of large dill pickles
- 2 lb
- bag of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper(optional)
- several garlic gloves
- 8 oz cream cheese..room temp
- 1 1/4 c
- shredded carrotts ran through the food processor
- large onion ran through the food processor
- several dash(es)
- tabasco (5-10) depending on how spicey you like stuff
How to Make G-Mom's Stuffed Pickles
- 1Drain the juice off the pickles and save jar.
Pour Brown sugar in a bowl and mix in cayenne pepper.
- 2Cut one end off the pickles..core them..remove all the seeds. I use a potato peeler.
- 3Stuff each pickle with brown sugar and one peeled garlic clove and place back in the jar. Pour remaining brown sugar in the jar and 5 or 6 garlic cloves.
- 4Place lid back TIGHTLY on the jar and put in the refrigerator on it's side. This will remain like this for 2 weeks. Giving the jar a half turn every day.
- 5After two week remove pickles ..I place them in a bowl with paper towels open end down. Draining them well..Now they are ready fill.
- 6Mix all the ingredients for the filling with a mixer.
- 7I use a butter knife and fill the pickles well. Wrap each pickle in plastic wrap and put back in the frig for 6-8 hours.
- 8Slice the pickles and serve. Like i said..it is time consuming but well worth it. Once the pickles are stuffed they can stay in the frig wrapped for several weeks.