Fried Pickle Chips
I remember these from the days when we were teenagers and running around town with our friends. There was a drive-in where we used to hang out that served these and we had to go there every day to eat these. When I found the recipe years later I had to try it. Of course they're not as good as when we were carefree kids but they're pretty close. These are great served wth ranch dip. The internet picture shows you how the finished dish looks.
How to Make Fried Pickle Chips
- 1Drain the dill chips and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside in a bowl lined with paper towels.
- 2Pour the buttermilk into a small mixing bowl.
- 3Combine dry ingredients into a separate medium bowl and stir to combine.
- 4Dip each pickle chip in the buttermilk and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- 5Deep fry a few coated pickles at a time in hot oil (350 F) until they are light golden brown. They should float to the surface when done. This won't take long at all.
- 6Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels or place in a bowl lined with paper towels. Even more fun if served in a paper-lined basket like the drive-ins used to use.
- 7Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. I prefer Ranch dip.
About Fried Pickle Chips
Show 13 Comments & Reviews