Fried Pickle Chips
2 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 ccorn meal
3/4 tspblack pepper
1/2 tsptony chachere's creole seasoning
1 qthamburger dill chips, drained
·canola oil for frying
How to Make Fried Pickle Chips
- Drain the dill chips and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside in a bowl lined with paper towels.
- Pour the buttermilk into a small mixing bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients into a separate medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Dip each pickle chip in the buttermilk and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Deep fry a few coated pickles at a time in hot oil (350 F) until they are light golden brown. They should float to the surface when done. This won't take long at all.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels or place in a bowl lined with paper towels. Even more fun if served in a paper-lined basket like the drive-ins used to use.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. I prefer Ranch dip.