10 ozcremini mushrooms
2 cpanko bread crumbs
1/2 ccorn starch
3/4 tspbaking powder
1 Tbspgrated parmesan
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1/2 tspitalian seasoning
How to Make Fried Mushrooms
- Wash mushrooms and dry completely.
- In a bowl, mix flour, corn starch, baking powder and all seasonings. Be sure they are mixed well.
- Add the buttermilk. Mix to form a batter.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip the mushrooms in the batter. Let the excess drip off.
- Roll the battered mushrooms in the bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat one inch of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully add the mushrooms to the oil using tongs. Don't crowd the mushrooms. (You may need to cook in batches.)
- Fry, turning occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Gently remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Allow to cool for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce or ranch dressing.