★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/3 largespanish onion
12fresh basil leaves
4 clovefresh garlic
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin, or more according to your taste.
·salt and tri color freshly ground pepper to taste.
1 tspbalsamic vinegar
How to Make Freestyle Bruschetta
- Dice tomatoes and onions. (Small dice) Be sure to peel onions first. (hopefully, you already knew that) Put in a large bowl.
- Peel and crush garlic cloves by flattening with a chef's knife. and mince to a fine consistency. Add to tomatoes and onions.
- Stack basil leaves on top of each other and roll tightly end to end. (Chiffonade) looks a bit like a small cigarette. make thin slices so you get little thread-like pieces of basil. You can also google the word chiffonade for a better description than I can give you. Add to the Tomatoes, onions, garlic.
- Add the oil, salt & freshly ground pepper, ( use tri color, trust me on this one. ) Gently toss together and add the tsp. of balsamic vinegar and lightly toss once more.
- Slice the sour dough baggette diagonally and fry in a preheated pan with about a half inch of vegetable oil. It browns very quickly so pay attention.(Do not let the oil begin to smoke. it ruins your food and may cause a catastrophe.) maybe a min. or so on the first side and less on the second side.
- Place the fried bread on paper toweling to absorb any residual oil. Serve the bruschetta on top of the bread and enjoy!!