Fattoush is an Arabic term meaning 'toasted bread salad'.
- 1 cup toasted pita bread, torn into pieces
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 medium heart romaine lettuce, fresh and chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, fresh and chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- salt (optional)
How to Make Fattoush
- 1Combine toasted pita bread, parsley, tomato, cucumbers, bell pepper, mint leaves, lettuce, and red cabbage in a bowl.
In another small bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, and salt together.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
Garnish salad with lemon slices and serve.