Fast and Spicy Thai Pickles
- 1 c
- white vinegar
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- 3 medium
- cucumbers, seeded, sliced into spears
- green onions, sliced on an angle
- birds eye peppers, chopped finely or 2 tsp dried chili pepper flakes
- 10 clove
- 1 tsp
How to Make Fast and Spicy Thai Pickles
- 1Combine vinegar, sugar and water in a pot on the stove. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. It will thicken somewhat.
- 2Add garlic, salt and chili (flakes or fresh). Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- 3Cut cucumbers in half, lengthwise. Remove seeds. Slice lengthwise into halves and then quarters. Cut each strip in half so that each piece is about 3-4 inches in length.
- 4Place cucumbers in a shallow glass or plastic container. Pour prepared vinegar syrup over top, including chili and garlic cloves. Stir gently so all the cucumbers are coated. Seal container with a lid or plastic wrap. Add green onions. Store in fridge for 4 hours before serving. Will keep in fridge up to a week.