EASY GREEN TOMATO DILLS
Peggi Anne Tebben
This is from a Storey Publishing Bulletin A-91 called Pickles & Relishes
How to Make EASY GREEN TOMATO DILLS
- 1Wash tomatoes but do not peel or core. Pack loosley in a quart jar.
- 2Add garlic, picling spices, dill & pepper.
- 3In a medium size saucepan, combine water, vinegar & salt. Bring to a boil & stir to dissolve salt.
- 4Pour hot brine over tomatoes in jar, leaving 1/4" headspace.
- 6Allow to cure 6 weeks before eating.
- 7Keep refrigerated after opening.
- 8Peggi's note:
This says, "Yield: 1 quart" but can't be right because it calls for 2 quarts of water alone. I have in ( ) on this recipe the measures halved & quartered : water, vinegar, & salt. The other stuff is for 1 quart, all above the water. Can't believe they made that mistake.