Curried Onion Relish
We mix it with grilled chicken that's diced, etc....making an excellent chicken salad for open faced sandwiches or hors 'd oeuvres/appetizers (*See my posted recipe for "Curried Chicken Salad Crostini").
- 2 lb
- yellow onions, small dice
- garlic cloves, minced
- 16 oz
- (fl oz) white vinegar
- 14 oz
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 oz
- pickling spice, tied in a sachet
- 2 Tbsp
- curry powder
How to Make Curried Onion Relish
- 1Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan; mix well.
- 2Simmer, covered, until tender and mostly dry. Stir often, being careful not to scorch. Allow to cool slightly; then place in refrigerator until cold.
- 3Transfer to a storage container, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.