Cucumber Dill Rounds
- 2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- cucumber, cut into 24 slices
- 1 c
- ice cubes
- loaf of bread, thinly sliced, i use pepperidge farms white or rye o
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 3 oz
- package cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 small
- cucumber, peeled, grated and drained
- 1 tsp
- onion, grated
- 1 tsp
- fresh dill, chopped
- sprigs fresh dill for garnish
How to Make Cucumber Dill Rounds
- 1Combine water, vinegar, and salt in a small bowl, stirring until salt dissolves. Add cucumber slices and ice cubes. Set aside.
- 2Cut each of 8 bread slices into 3 rounds using a 2-inch cookie cutter. Reserve remaining bread for another use. Spread butter evenly over bread rounds; cover with a damp cloth, and set aside.
- 3Remove cucumber slices from water; drain well on paper towels.
- 4Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in a small bowl, beating with an electric mixer at low speed until smooth and creamy. Add grated cucumber, onion, and chopped fresh dill; mix well.
- 5Spread 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture evenly over buttered side of each bread round. Top each round with slice of reserved cucumber and a sprig of fresh dill. Cover sandwiches with a damp cloth and refrigerate until ready to serve.