Crispy Jalapeno Poppers
Connie "Kiyu" Guerrero
2 pkg8oz. cream cheese
1 ccheddar cheese (grated)
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 tspsmoked paprika
1 tspgarlic poweder
12 largejalapenos, fresh
1 boxpanko bread crumbs
How to Make Crispy Jalapeno Poppers
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Spoon this mixture into the jalapeño pepper halves.
- Put the milk and flour into two separate small bowls. Dip the stuffed jalapeños first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each. Allow the coated jalapeños to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Dip the jalapeños in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeño is coated.
- Place in the freezer to chill for about 20 minutes before frying.
TIP: Chilling will make the poppers more crispier.
- In a deep pot, heat the oil to 365 degrees F. Deep fry the coated jalapeños 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown. Remove and let drain on a paper towel.