Crispy Home Made Onion Rings
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 2 large
- yellow or white onions
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- autrey's hot and spicy breader (optional)
How to Make Crispy Home Made Onion Rings
- 1Heat oil on medium-high heat in frying pan.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, add flour (and Autry's if desired)and add cold water. Mix well until it resembles the consistency of pancake batter.
- 3Peel and cut onions into large rings, separate rings. Add to batter mix and stir until well covered.
- 4Place a drop of batter into oil until it starts bubbling. When oil is ready, add onion rings one at a time making sure to have enough room so that they don't overlap. When they have turned very light brown, turn over. You may have to turn several times until desired color is achieved. Remove cooked batch of onion rings and place in a colander or strainer to remove excess oil. Repeat process with the remaining onion rings until done.