Cara J Mastrangello
The original recipe only called for hot sauce, but through experimenting I found that it can be made super spicy, bbq, sweet and sour, however you like your "wings."
Picture from original recipe.
- 1 c
- 1 c
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- head of cauliflower
- 1/2 to 1 c
- you preferred wing sauce (buffalo, bbq, sweet & sour, sweet chili, etc)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil or melted butter
How to Make Cauliflower "Wings"
- 1Preheat oven to 450 and lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- 2Chop the cauliflower into small-medium sized florets, approx the size of boneless chicken wings.
In a large bowl, mix water, flour, garlic powder and salt and pepper until well combined.
Coat the cauliflower pieces with the mixture and place in the greased baking dish. Bake for about 15-18 minutes.
- 3Mix your sauce and the olive oil/melted butter a few minutes before the cauliflower needs to be checked. At the 15-18 minute mark, pour over and gently stir the sauce over the cauliflower so it gets pretty well coated and bake 3-5 more minutes.
- 4Serve with ranch/blue cheese dressing, carrot and celery sticks!