California Artichoke Bites
We all loved artichokes and these were so good!
- 2 jar(s)
- (7½ ounces each) artichoke hearts in oil
- 3/4 c
- chopped onion
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- oregano, dried
- large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 c
- fine fresh bread crumbs
- drops green tobasco, if desired, use more or less
- 1/2 tsp
- fine sea salt or more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (5 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make California Artichoke Bites
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Drain the marinade from one jar of artichokes into a sauté pan and reserve the marinade from the other jar. Add the onion, garlic, and oregano to the sauté pan and sauté until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. If all of the liquid has evaporated, add 2 tablespoons of the reserved marinade. (The remaining marinade may be discarded.) Remove the sauté pan from the heat, and let cool slightly. Chop the artichokes.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, eggs, bread crumbs, Green Tabasco, salt, and pepper. Add the 2 cups cheddar, parsley, and cooled onion-garlic mixture. Mix thoroughly but gently.
Coat an 18-cup, shallow, mini muffin pan with vegetable oil spray and divide the artichoke mixture evenly between the cups. Top the artichoke mixture with the remaining ½ cup cheese.
- 3Bake at 325 degrees for about 18 minutes for the muffin pan. The mini-frittatas should be puffed and golden. If needed, broil for a minute or two to lightly brown the cheese topping. To serve, simply remove from the muffin cups, and arrange on a platter. Can be served warm or at room temperature.