Butter and Garlic Fried Green Tomatoes
- 1 large
- green tomato
- 1 c
- crushed butter & garlic croutons
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- egg beaten well for coating
- 1/4 c
- flour & cornmeal
- oil for frying
SEASON ALL FLOUR AND EGG MIXTURE 1/2 TEASPOON
How to Make Butter and Garlic Fried Green Tomatoes
- 1Make sure your Croutons are crushed by hand or in food processor / blender until fine. I usually keep this all the time for cooking. Crush the whole bag for future cooking.
- 2Slice Tomato approx. 1/4 inch. Season Flour and Egg with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Use 1/4 teaspoon each.
Mix Croutons, Flour and Cornmeal.
- 3Emerge slices in egg, then Crouton Mixture. Fry in oil, till golden brown on each side.
Sprinkle with salt when removed from oil.