I bought this little book for the appetizer recipes..they all sounded great. This one is extremely simple, and I bet tasty too.
Picture and recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker.
- 1/2 c
- shredded swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 c
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 medium
- green onions, thinly sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 12 slice
- (1/4 inch thick) baguette french bread
- 1/4 c
- finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- cherry tomatoes, each cut into 3 slices
- 6 slice
- packaged precooked bacon ( from 2.2 - oz package ) cut in half
How to Make BLT Crostini
- 11 Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cheese, mayonnaise and onions. Spread about 1 teaspoon cheese mixture on each bread slice; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Top each with half slice of bacon.
- 2Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of bread are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 3Garnish each crostini with lettuce and tomato slice.