My daughter and I used the Cherub and Sunburst tomatoes.
I recommend lower fat versions of mayo and cream cheese; as well as REALLY blotting that bacon. When I was piping the filling there were pools of "oil" in the bag.
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crumbled (i chop mine in the food processor and spread out on paper towels to pull out more fat)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 24 cherry tomatoes
How to Make BLT Bites
- 1In a medium bowl combine mayo, cream cheese, bacon, green onions, and parsley. Mix until well blended. (I usually make ahead to let the flavors blend.)
- 2Cut the bottom off tomatoes (the tops lay more flat). Scoop out the insides of tomatoes and discard fillings. After you've removed the tomato inards salt the insides and flip cut side down on a paper towel to pull some of the liquid out. I let them sit for about 30+ minutes.
- 3Place filling mixture into a sturdy ziploc bag. Cut a decent size hole in one of the corners and pipe into tomato shells. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.