BEST EVER CHUNKY GUACAMOLE
3avocados, preferably haas and medium in size
1 tspbacon fat (reserved and rendered from cooking the bacon)
3 largescallions, sliced thin, about 1/3 cup
1 mediumgarlic clove, pressed (if you don't have a garlic press, just mince the garlic. i usually use 2 or three garlic cloves)
1 smalljalapeno, stemmed, seeded and minced
1/4 ccilantro leaf, minced
·salt, to taste
1/2 tspground cumin (more or less to taste)
2 Tbsplime juice (fresh squeezed)
How to Make BEST EVER CHUNKY GUACAMOLE
- Fry bacon on stovetop until crisp.
- Drain bacon and reserve at least 1 teaspoon of rendered bacon fat.
- When bacon is cool to touch, crumble it.
- Halve one of the avocados, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl.
- Mash the flesh lightly with the scallions, garlic, chile, cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cumin with the tines of a fork until just combined.
- Add the bacon crumbles and bacon fat and combine with avocado mixture.
- Halve, pit, and CUBE the remaining 2 avocados. Add the cubes to the bowl with the mashed avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle the lime juice over the diced avocado and mix the entire contents of the bowl lightly with a fork until combined but still chunky. Adjust the seasonings with salt if necessary,(you can add a bit more bacon fat if you like), and serve.