- 1/2 lb
- vinegar-dipped beets (love beets brand or homemade)
- 1 tsp
- prepared wasabi
- gari (sushi ginger), or fine, fresh-grated ginger
- sheets nori (seaweed paper)
- 1 1/4 c
- sushi rice
- avocado, sliced lengthwise and peeled
- bragg's liquid aminos, tamari, or soy sauce
How to Make Beet "Sushi"
- 1Cut Nori in circles roughly the size of your largest beets' diameter (cut beet in half to size). These will be your bases. The nori circles that are too large for the beet slices can be trimmed to size.
- 2Mold sushi rice in palm of your hand to fit the size of the nori circles. Place rice on top of the circles.
- 3Slice beets into 1/4 in. thick round slices, and stack on sushi rice and nori, according to size.
- 4Cut peeled avocado into 1/4 in. slivers, width-wise. Stack on other pieces, according to size.
- 5Place a dab of prepared wasabi on each stack, followed by a piece or two of gari or fresh grated ginger. Drizzle Bragg's Liquid Aminos, tamari, or soy sauce lightly on each stack, taking care not to soak them.
- 6Serve, and enjoy.